Sunday, October 9, 2011

Moving Forward



I have recently, in an effort to make my life a little more fulfilling, set some new goals. They are a few things that  I want to do, and that I think will make my life better.

Here they are:


  1. Run in and finish the Utah Valley Marathon on June 9, 2012. If I can also qualify for the Boston Marathon at the same time, that'd be shiny.
  2. Exercise 6 days a week. This should really be a sub-bullet to #1, since they are pretty closely tied. 
  3. Get a six-pack. Abs, not beer. Also maybe tied to #s 1 and 2. 
  4. Write a book. A novel, really. And, though not specifically one of my goals, I would hope to get it published as well.
  5. Write every day. Again, a goal tied to the one above it. But I won't make the big ones without the small ones. Hopefully I can get this blogging thing down a little better as well.
  6. Buy a house. You know, to live in.
  7. Forsake caffeine. Forever.
  8. Graduate from College. This one is a tough one. I don't believe that the established collegiate education system is in any way a good one. But, after you jump through their hoops, they give you some fancy TP with your name on. That worthless piece of paper somehow makes you earn more money in life.
  9. Research, develop, and implement a retirement preparation plan. Sure, I probably wont live that long, but it's better safe than sorry. And I want my loved ones taken care of.
  10. Find a way to serve someone everyday. There's nothing like taking the focus of your life of your self to gain a little perspective. I also truly believe that loving and helping others is the only way to make it into the upper echelons of heaven.
That, Ladies and Gents, is my list of goals for the foreseeable future. I am sure that things will be added and taken away as life moves forward. But, you can only really say that you are moving forward if you've actually established a direction you want to go. It's time to stop wandering.

1 comment: