Tuesday, September 6, 2011

I'm In!


On another blog I read, the author is re-committing herself to weight-loss. I, also, am in dire need of some weight-loss re-commitment.


You see, back at Christmas time of last year (2010, the year from hell), I finally got fed up with myself and how I looked and felt. So, I started losing weight. I lost 45 lbs. in 5 months. Which is pretty dang good, if I do say so myself.


But things like job loss, lack of familial support, new jobs, and utter exhaustion have all conspired to derail me from my continued shrinkitude. And in the last few months I have lost no weight, and even gained back some.


So, I am re-committing to my weight-loss today. I am holding myself accountable to my blog reader. I weigh 209.7 lbs, as of this morning. I have about* 20 lbs. to lose.


I ran this morning. It hurt. I have been really lax in my running lately, and so my conditioning is starting over, in a lot of ways. I plan on doing some more exercise this evening after work. Maybe one of the P90X workouts.


I've been pretty good on food today. If it weren't for the potato chips I ate after lunch, I would have had an amazing food day.


* I say 'about 20 lbs.' because I don't really know where I want to stop. I depends on muscle gain and overall appearance.

No comments:

Post a Comment