Monday, July 2, 2012

Keep Moving Forward



This post title is a rip-off from the Disney film "Meet the Robinsons."  Which is, by far, my favorite of the Disney animated films. Even though it wasn't as popular as some of their other films.

Anyway, I've loved the quote and the concept since the first time I saw the film. A while back, it, along with some other things, inspired me to write this:

I Am Strong, Intelligent, Faithful, Loving and Honest
I Work Hard, Play Hard, and Live Out-loud.
I Love My God, My Family, My Neighbor, and Myself.

Admittedly, I have not given my "Standard" as much thought recently as I should. But I do still think that is describes the ideal me. It contains the things I think are important for me.

I recently watched a video done on Arnold Schwarzenegger's 6 steps for success. It was actually really interesting stuff. So I'll go over it really quick.

1. Trust yourself.
2. Break the Rules.
3.Don't be afraid to fail.
4. Don't listen to the nay-sayers.
5. Work your butt off.
6. Give back.

Great stuff, right? Weird that it came from Arnie.

Well, I've been trying a lot more lately to 'move forward'. It's been hard, especially considering the situation my family is in, financially.

But I want to be better, and do better. At life. And so I am working at it. I'm fighting off the nay-sayers and my own encroaching depression to stay motivated. I'm doing this. No. Matter. What.

No comments:

Post a Comment