Wednesday, November 2, 2011

The NaNoWriMo 2011

I've decided to participate in this year's NaNoWriMo. That's the somewhat quirky abbreviation for the National Novel Writing Month. As a participant, I will be attempting to write writing a 50k word novel in 30 days.

I have always been somewhat lazy in my writing, getting out a paragraph here or there. But I sat down a pounded out 1641 words yesterday. For me, it is a lot. And, I really like how my story is evolving so far. I am pretty excited about it. Hopefully the motivation can continue through this extremely busy month.

I could definitely use some more friends to encourage me. So, if you are interested in writing a novel, join me. There are all sorts of social events associated with the month long project. Sadly, I'll be too busy to participate in any of the write-ins or other gatherings. But write, I shall do.

I will throw out some snippets of my writing onto my blog here, on occasion. I'll try not to make excused for how much it sucks, if you'll remember that I am merely working on a very rough draft.

1 comment:

  1. I am glad that you are doing this! You have my support!

    ReplyDelete