Sunday, May 15, 2011

...winter comes again.

This morning I was in a meeting with several of the local leaders of out church. As we discussed a family in need of assistance, their house in dire need of repair and they do not have the resources to do it themselves, our Bishop made the statement that we, and they, need to get things done now, because "winter comes again."

He meant it literally when he said it. But the statement struck me figuratively as well. Perhaps that is because I am in a figurative winter right now.

I guess the lesson here is that winter always comes, so prepare in the summer, figuratively. Perhaps you should also say that summer also comes again. Which can be hard to remember in a winter.

Figuratively, of course.

On a not completely unrelated note, I was released from my calling of Elders Quorum President today. While I feel some relief, as it has been a big responsibility and sometimes burden, I am saddened by the loss of opportunities to serve my brothers. Before my experience as the EQP, I cared little for people outside my own family. I never sought to help others. I hope that if I
learned anything, it's to love people and to actively serve those who need it.

I know that Tauni fears that with my release, we will lose what divine help we had been receiving. I do not feel that this is the case. If anything, I think there will be less opposition to his blessing.

I know, I know. I'm not normally one to get so religious in my blogging. But, it is a part of who I am.

Also, we finally got rid of our Chrystler Town & Deathtrap. We traded it in for this wicked Nissan Altima.


1 comment:

  1. I don't think winter ends...our life has brief moments of maybe movement forward only to be thrust back in the dark and cold winter night...I think our lives live in Siberia!

    ReplyDelete