Sunday, March 27, 2011

"I'm not scared anymore. This is fun!"

For a little fun and exercise, I took my little girls out to ride bikes down by the Jordan River, while my big girl was working. Lyse (the bottom-right zombie in my previous post) has been struggling to learn to ride her bike. While in most things she is a little too brave, when it came to bikes, she's been scared.

We've tried it before, me running with her while she pedals, trying to get her to balance herself. But I couldn't keep it up for long, and she was scared. This time though, we went for nearly 3 miles, almost non-stop. It's about time I used all that exercise for something good.

After about a mile, while I was still running beside her with a hand on her neck, she said "Daddy, I'm not scared anymore. This is fun!" She was still wobbly and struggling to keep her balance. But she was enjoying for a change. After another mile, I let go.

And she kept going!

She only went maybe 50 feet before she started to wobble a bit, so I put a hand on her back again.

"I DID IT!" she yelled. "I'm so proud of myself."

Soon, I let her go again, and she went further. And further. And she went almost all of the final mile all on her own.

When we got home, Tauni was on break, so she got to show her mommy how awesome she is. We still have to work on getting started, and stopping. Especially stopping. But we're getting there.

No comments:

Post a Comment