Wednesday, March 30, 2011

New Shoes

I got sacked today. But that sucks monkey balls, so I'm not gonna talk about it.

I got some new shoes today. My running shoes, of the cheap Wal-mart variety, exploded mid-workout a few days ago. Since then I exercised in them once, which resulted in a severely bruised heel and sore shins.

Here is a pic of the crappy wally world shoes.
They have definitely been well used. I think I put about 150 run miles on them, plus I wore them for a few years just to walk around in back when I was a lazy fatso.


We had a $50 gift card to Cabela's that we decided could help me out. And help it did. There was one pair left of last years Under Armor running shoe, and it was clearanced out for...$49.99...FATE I TELL YOU!

So, we bought them, they're sexy and comfy and I can't wait to run in them.

Here is a pic of the damage to the old shoes. The visible damage, at least. The damage to my foot and shins tells me its a bit more extensive than what you see here.

With the previously mentioned employment loss, we are kind of looking into some belt tightening options again around here, so it almost felt like a luxury purchase, to get the new shoes. But I needed them in order to continue working-out regularly. And it was a Cabela's gift card, so really, it was this or bullets. And someone in my mental state should not be buying bullets (kidding, sheesh).

Anyway, I think I am going to start logging exactly how many miles I run in a pair of shoes, before I send them to shoe heaven. Not that it is important information, just that I think it would be cool to know. And it kind of gives me another reason to track how far I run each day, week, month , year, decade, century, millennium...

I track my running at dailymile.com, by the way. I could use more friends over there, so if you run, want to run, or want people to think your run so you'll look cool, then get over there, sign up, and add me a friend.

Here is the new hotness. They're almost to sexy to run in. The fuzzy leg stickin' out of it ain't too bad either. Raaawrrr...


We'll good night, cruel world.

Tomorrow, I'm gonna walk all over you, for a change.

1 comment: